We've catered thousands of events and parties!
Would you like to book us? Fill in the following form:
Catering Or Event Request Form or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We cater to small or large events!
Catering Frequently Asked Questions
Are you a food truck?
- Nope, we are BETTER than a food truck! Our state-of-the-art carts allow us to serve large and small groups of people quickly and efficiently. Even better is we don't require anything for setup! We can fit in smaller spaces, we can be very quiet (no noisy generators!) and we can get food out faster than any food truck!
Do you need electricity to set up?
- Nope. We don't need anything to set up! Our cart uses propane. The only reason we may need electricity is if you want us to serve snow cones.
Can you set up inside a building?
- We cannot set up the actual cart inside since it runs on propane, but we can cook the dogs outside and set up the condiment table inside and bring the dogs in! We can also set up chaffing dishes inside. Too hot? Raining? Too cold? No problem, we will weather the elements and your guests can stay inside, we'll bring the dogs in to them!
Do you charge any set-up fees? Do you have a minimum?
- We do not charge any set up fees for catering or a la cart events within a 45 minute drive from our commissary which is in zip code 27704 (contact us if your location is further). We know that sometimes you plan an event and have no idea what the turnout might be, NO PROBLEM! We'll serve our delicious hot dogs no matter how big or small the event! Our typical catering minimum is $225 (per 2-hour serve window), but please don't let that stop you from hiring us! If your budget is smaller than that, NO PROBLEM! We can work with any budget! We've even catered for smaller groups 10 people and less!!
Do you do drop-off orders?
- Yes! Let us know what you would like dropped off, we'll create an invoice and you can pay online. Let us know what time the drop off should occur and we'll drop off our delicious hot dogs to your location! We also have warmers that keep the dogs warm for extended periods of time, this works well for office parties or luncheons.
What kind of hot dogs do you use?
- We use only the best all-beef Nathan's brand hot dogs! We also serve Oscar Mayer Turkey Dogs, Smart Ones Veggie Dogs and Hillshire Farms All Beef Smoked Sausage. Upon request we can also serve Johnsonville Brats.
Do you use any pork products or hot dogs?
- No, we do not use any pork-based products and our hot dogs do not contain pork.
Where is your Commissary (commercial kitchen)?
- We own and operate Esser's Commissary, which also serves as our commissary. All mobile food vendors need a Health Department approved space to store and prepare their food. ALWAYS ask a food truck, cart or mobile food vendor where they commissary out of! If they don't have a commissary, don't hire them!
What year did you start Dang Good Dogs?
- We started Dang Good Dogs in June 2011 and we're still going strong!
How much space do you need to set up?
- We need about as much space as one parking spot to set up. We can absolutely accommodate smaller spaces (minimum 5 feet by 5 feet), but a parking space is typically what works best for our setup.
What's the largest event you have catered?
- Our largest event we've catered so far is 1,750 hot dogs in a 3-hour span!
How many people can you serve in a 1-hour window?
- We've served over 400 hot dogs in a 1-hour window using just one cart!! Typical events and catering are usually serving about 150-200 people per hour. If you need to serve more than 400 people per hour, let us know as we can bring additional carts!